Every year, when we carve our Jack-o’-lanterns, I always plan to make use of the discarded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. And every year, I either forget or decide against it because I don’t know what to make with them. But this year, my sister shared a recipe that she uses and I thought I’d try it out.
Since I was a kid, I loved eating sunflower seeds. I could eat them in any and all forms but my favorites were always the roasted and chocolate covered. This recipe yields very similar seeds to the roasted sunflower seeds and is just as tasty and healthy. Keep this super simple recipe in mind next time you carve some pumpkins!
- Wash seeds in a colander.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease with olive oil.
- In a saucepan, add water and seeds. Salt to taste and boil for 10 minutes.
- Carefully drain the water and place seeds in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle more salt and add chili powder over the seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
I could munch on these all day! They’re so good. Do you have any pumpkin gut recipes? Please share them with me! Hope you all had an awesome and spooky Halloween!